Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Friday, June 23, 2006

hmmmmm



Okay, not a very auspicious beginning. I have been bad about posting, and it's not because there haven't been things to post or because my lovely boyfriend hasn't taken shots of my sometimes pretty food. Just sheer laziness. So, here are some things done lately, and I will be better from now on:

My parents came over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and I made a Beer Braised Chicken dish from a recent Food and Wine magazine. It turned out well, but honestly both Drew and I were not thrilled with the flavor. Something tasted kind of musty - we think it might have been the saffron? However, I really think I did the recipe just as it was written and that it tasted as it was supposed to. Probably won't be making this again, though it was pretty.

Also, a week or so ago we had burgers done my favorite way - with my friend Charles' recipe. Mix the burger meat with pepper and whatever other spices you want. Slice butter into 1/2 tablespoon slices, coat them in minced fresh thyme, and form patties around the thyme-coated butter. Grill or fry as normal. While they are cooking, you put butter, red wine and brown sugar into a small saucepan and cook down until it is nice and thick. Pour over burgers when they are ready. Its ridiculously yummy. I added some blue cheese too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home