Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Chops and Spoonbread


The most successful thing in our garden right now is our sage, and I guess I should actually start using some of what's out there instead of letting it stay and look pretty. Last night Drew seared some pork chops with sage, salt and pepper, then threw in a bottle of beer and let them marinate, and cooked some yummy spinach with lots of onion and garlic. I made the Cheddar Corn spoonbread from The New American Cheese cookbook. I've made it before and it's been a hit repeatedly, but for some reason this time it was overwhelmingly salty. Also, the recipe calls for using only two egg whites, I used three, and I felt like the texture was the best its ever been. Next time I'll leave out the salt and keep the third egg white. Of course, the saltiness didn't keep me from eating it cold out of its dish on the couch this morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home