Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My First Souffle


(Brace yourself - Modesty is being thrown out the window) Well, I am very proud of myself! It is pretty rare that I really like something I have made, or think I couldn't have done it better, but this was it (and it will probably never happen again)!

This weekend I made my very first souffle. You hear all sorts of warnings about how hard these are, that they might fall, blah blah blah. It was simple! I used a recipe from Epicurious for a Gruyere and Parmesan souffle. The only change I made was that in place of whole milk, which I forgot to buy, I used 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 half & half.

It did take slightly longer than the recipe said, about another 5 minutes, but then it was perfect! I served it with a green salad and some chicken salad for a light Sunday brunch.

Now I can try all sorts of variations - goat cheese, chives, etc. Please let me know if you have any good souffle recipes to pass along.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger kaybray said...

thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home