Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Monday, November 20, 2006

Pasta carbonara


I thought I loved carbonara but had just never found the perfect recipe. My attempts were either too dry, too greasy or too heavy. The latest Food and Wine edition has a recipe I thought looked simple, and even better, I had almost all the ingredients in my kitchen.

It was very easy and only took about 30-40 minutes to make. I made only two changes: I used a combo of linguine and fettucine (what I had in the pantry), and I used half and half instead of heavy cream (same reason).

The results? Well, it was very tasty, not dry, not greasy, but still heavy. I guess that's just the nature of carbonara. Next time I might do something blasphemous and add some cherry tomatoes at the end to lighten it up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home