Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Saturday, October 07, 2006

The perfect salad


Everyone has one, a salad in which all the ingredients come together perfectly. For me, I usually don't make it, can just get it at a good restaurant. However, I recently made one that worked just right for me. I started with arugula (the best green for salad!), topped it with 5 or 6 medium boiled shrimp, about 1/2 cup of artichoke heart quarters, a handful of halved cherry tomatoes and some homemade blue cheese dressing. It was phenomonal!

Here's my blue cheese dressing recipe:

1/2 cup sour cream (I used low fat but do what works for you)
1/4 cup mayo (ditto)
3/4 to 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese (I like to leave a couple of big chunks for a nice surprise)
juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp of chopped chives
freshly ground black pepper

Mix all the ingredients together. It's best if you can let it sit for an hour or so before serving, and it can last a week or so in the fridge.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home