Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

duck-DUCK-um...just duck


Wow. Last night, I made a ridiculously rich duck dish. It is the duck confit hash from this month's Gourmet magazine. It was really delicious, though not for anyone who wants to eat lightly.

If I make this again, and I'd say that there's a good chance of that, I would make a couple of changes: One, I found the dish to have a little too much sweetness from the combo of the madeira, carrot and cream. Next time I will use a less sweet wine, some sort of hearty red wine. Also, I like my hash to have a little crispiness to it. Therefore, I might make the recipe, then when I get to the end plop a serving of the hash on a greased up (because the dish really needs more fat) hot griddle, press it with a spatula, and crisp it up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home