Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Day Off!



Yay for days off, when I can get some cooking done and still lie around on the couch watching the Tour de France. Feeling energetic, yesterday morning I got up early and made blueberry muffins for my sweetheart. and well, myself. I used what I hoped was the Fannie Farmer recipe, but since we are missing that exact page from our Fannie Farmer cookbook, it was a little guesswork. I know I used too many blueberries, but I wanted to use up what we had, and they surely can't hurt. They turned out pretty yummy, and since I started a diet the other day I was good and had them without any butter or anything. Still yummy.

For dinner I cooked Nigella Lawson's Vinegar Chicken, along with some roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli. I thought the chicken was good, but not great, though Drew loved it. I think maybe if I used a higher quality vinegar it might turn out a little more flavorful. Also, instead of using a whole chicken I used some chicken drumsticks, sans skin. My roasted potatoes were nothing to get excited about, as roasted potatoes should be. The best part of the meal was the sauce the chicken was in. Next time I will skip the potatoes and just have some good bread to soak up the sauce.

In between muffins and chicken, I worked on a marinade and a chutney for the pork loin we are having today for the big holiday. I'll write more about that once its been cooked and devoured. Off to tennis in the 95 degree heat!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home