Kaybray's Cooking

What we threw on the plate today

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Salmon + bruschetta - bread = dinner

We had a fabulous long weekend in New York/Connecticut where I sampled sushi at Tomoe, pasta at Lupa, bellinis at Cipriani, and lobster rolls at Lennys. In other words, time to go back to a few less calories.

I bought a salmon filet, a little under a pound, along with some arugula. When I got home, I put together what I usually make for bruschetta: diced tomato, minced garlic, minced basil, salt, pepper and olive oil. For the tomatoes I used a big yellow tomato we had and about 10 cherry tomatoes (quartered). Also, I added a thinly sliced shallot. I mixed all this together and let it sit for an hour or so.

I made a simple vinaigrette (balsamic, dry mustard, sugar, pepper, olive oil) which I tossed with about 1.5 cups of arugula.

I sprinkled salt and pepper on the salmon and put it under the broiler for about 10 minutes, without turning it.

Once the salmon was done (it was a little crispy on top), I put it on top of the bed of arugula, and spooned the bruschetta mix on top. Delicioso!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home